Durban KZN Convention Bureau
The Durban KwaZulu-Natal Convention Bureau is a partnership initiative of the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development and Tourism and Ethekwini Municipality to promote the meeting or business tourism services of the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal and the metropolitan area of Durban.The Durban KwaZulu-Natal Convention Bureau began its operations on the 1 July 2010 and is thus still very much at its inception stage of development. However, this entity provides the following business tourism support services together with its partners:
- Promotional materials;
- Educational trips and site Inspections;
- Supplier information and quotations;
- Social programmes;
- Pre and post tours and incentive packages;
- Assistance with congress bids;
- Convention publicity and delegate boosting;
- Destination display and promotion;
- Information kits and welcome packs for delegates;
- Shuttle services; and
- Identification of professional conference organiser (PCO) services.
The word Zulu literally means ‘people of heaven’ and this is a word that is known throughout the world. We use this word to make potential tourists aware of the many heavenly attractions of our province and why Durban and KwaZulu-Natal is an ideal meeting venue for conventions, smaller meetings and incentive offerings. We can use these offerings to provide the overarching distinctive experience which so many conference delegates are now seeking, particularly through pre and post tours to KwaZulu-Natal 8 tourism regions namely the Battlefields; Drakensberg; Durban; Elephant Coast;Pietermaritzburg and Midlands; North Coast; South Coast and Zululand. These experiences are also ideal fro the crafting of unique incentive tour offerings.